Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Havenots or Willnots?

I dislike the Jerry Springer mentality.  I dislike classless piece of trash human beings that presume it is their right to live off of the support of the government and hard working people in this world.  I dislike the notion that it is better to have one more child, thereby increasing the amount on a welfare check, than to have one more job.  Where does this type of thinking originate?  I believe it is learned behavior.  The only answer is to unlearn it.

I believe a liberal government makes sheep by putting public policies into effect that literally make it easier to sit on your ass and draw benefits than to go out and work for your living.  I am no sheep!  Can anybody tell me whatever happened to good old American pride?  I remember being a child and one of my friend's lost their dad to Operation Desert Storm.  After the life insurance took care of the big bills, there was not much money left.  Having three daughters, the mom had to resort to government assistance in the form of food stamps.  My friend and her sisters would die of shame before they went to the store with their mom spending food stamps (and she really needed them).  How far we have fallen!   

I was born a have not.  I still do not have a lot. ( I totally just rhymed.)  What I do have is an understanding that every single thing I have ever had or will ever have is going to be mine because I worked for it.  My family doesn't give me anything.  They do not have anything to give.  Everyone is working and struggling to make their own way in life.  My family rescued me from a very uncertain future and instilled within me values and work ethic.  They also taught me about God, and I learned almost every hymn in the Southern Baptist Hymnal.

If the little girl from the trailer park can pay her own way through graduate school, have two jobs and still manage to provide for her kids, I have a really hard time understanding why everyone can't.

Of course, that's just my opinion!

No comments:

Post a Comment